FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject Utah PhotosEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Timing: for next issue of UGA, also the newsletter, also the email
Needs a good graphic -- to show the county off to the world
Utah 29-county photo contest
Please wait until further notice to submit photos.
What kinds of photos are we looking for
- The photos or images should stunning landscapes, beautiful and exquisite photo shots that will lure the Wiki reader into selecting your particular county.
- Panoramas, landscapes, NOT people focussed
Include with the photo: Titles, location Permissions Wording (beyond Wiki, People copy and use elsewhere, what kind of permissions are they granting The Research Wiki is seeking photos from each county, which will appear at the very top of the county page. The image needs to "show off" the beauty of your county. It will hopefully invite Wiki users to your county.
- Photo size = 670 X 100 pix (pamoramic images)
- Submit photos already sized
- Images best uploaded from a jump drive or a photo card
- Scenic images / no people please
- The selected photos will be in a drawing for prizes
- Ending date April ???
- Give ATTRIBUTION / ACKNOWLEDGEMENT for image. (This is must to even be considered.)
How many photos may I submit?
- Three (3) photos may be submitted per name. However, you may desire to choose and submit your very best one.
- A committee will select one photo for each county
- UGA judges; community attendees
When a photo is selected to be displayed on it's county page, it is footnoted so acknowledgement or attribution appears in the references at the bottom of the page.
Selected photos are also put into a drawing for the following prizes:
- 2 UGA individual memberships (1 year)
- 2 UGA Regional conference registrations (Select South Davis, Cedar City, or Sandy)
Where to send Photos:
- Send images to: email@example.com
- Regional eligibility for regional prizes possible
- Images are welcome after [date], but will not be eligible for any contest
Instructions and Information for Utah's 29-County Photo Contest:
1. Send photos to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: Photos are best uploaded from a memory card or a jump drive
2. Panoramic Photos
3. Photos will be chosen for each of the 29 counties by a committee
4. Chosen counties will be put in a drawing for the "big prize"
- Title, location of pic
| This work has been released into the public domain by the copyright holder. This applies worldwide.
In case this is not legally possible:The copyright holder grants any entity the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.
- This page was last modified on 17 April 2012, at 14:17.
- This page has been accessed 1,047 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News