FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject Utah Tasks County HeadingsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Return to Utah Wiki Project Main Page
Rearrange or rename the headings for each Utah county page.
The current headings were done some time ago, and consultants at FamilySearch and genealogical community members have made some significant changes.
The purpose of this project is to bring the Utah county pages more in line with those changes -- with a few others that are more unique to Utah.
Overview of the changes
- Some headings will move to another area. For example:
- Courthouses will move from the first item way down to "Resource Repositories"
- Mining will move under "Business Records and Commerce"
- Some headings will be new. For example: Business Records and Commerce and "Resource Repositories"
- Some headings will be given a new level. For example: Parent Counties will be changed to a Level 4 heading, putting it under "Quick Facts," which is a Level 3 heading.
- Some headings will be renamed. For example: History (currently under "Resources") will be renamed to "Histories" so it won't be confused with "History timeline" which is under "Quick Facts."
Most are not drastic changes.
What to do
- You will want two pages open at the same time: the county page and the Utah County Headings page. See tips for using two Wiki pages
- With the two pages side-by-side, edit the county page in Wikitext.
- Match the county page to the Utah headings page in Wikitext.
- Copy a heading from the Utah county headings page,
- Paste to the county page in WikiText
- You will have to relocate some of the county headings, such as Courthouses
Sign up Chart
Volunteers are needed to check all 29 counties, adding items as appropriate. Please place four tildes (~~~~) in the "Volunteer" column next to the counties you choose for this task. This will automatically show your username and the date you signed up.
Beaver — Grand Counties
Iron — San Juan Counties
Sanpete — Weber Counties
- This page was last modified on 29 November 2011, at 20:15.
- This page has been accessed 1,755 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News