FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject Washington Tasks-Family History CentersEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
WikiProject Washington Wiki Project Washington Tasks - Family History Centers
- Note: FamilySearch has had Family History Centers for years. They are adding Discovery Centers and partnering with libraries and archives. These are under the "umbrella term" of FamilySearch Centers. The names of existing centers will not be changed—at least not yet.
The purpose of this task is to help users, and includes:
- list and link to the wiki page for each FamilySearch Center in (or near) each county in Washington
- update the center's wiki page with contact information (address, phone #) and hours
- Indicate with an asterisk (*) on the COUNTY page when a Center has the FHC Portal. (Ancestry.com, HeritageQuestOnline, Fold3, etc.).
- If none have it in this county, identify the nearest Center (or library) OUT of this county that does have it.
This is an intermediate task and requires using wikitext.
On a county page for Washington, click to "FamilySearch Centers."
- 1) Is there already of list of Centers on the county page?
- No: Add the names of centers in that county
- 2) Are there already links to the Wiki pages of the Centers?
- No: Find that Center's wiki page, then on the county page add an internal link to the Center's page
- 3) Is the contact information on the Center's Wiki page?
- No: Add their address and phone #'s
- 4) Are the hours given?
- No: Contact the Center (or the missionaries that do this) and add the hours.
|We let them maintain their own pages. We just want to help people know how to find them and contact them.|
- 4) On the county page, indicate with an asterisk (*) if they have the FHC Portal, such as Bremerton Washington Family History Center*
- This will either require a phone call or info from the missionaries on our floor.
- 4a) If none of the Centers in this county have the FHC Portal, identify the nearest Center (or library) that does have them.
- Please use this style:
- The closest Center with access to Ancestry.com and other subscription websites is:
- Then name the Center, including the link to its Wiki page.
- 5) Once finished with a county, update the Assignment Chart.
Thank you for helping future users of the Wiki by listing Centers they can use. Please indicate when a county has been completed.
- Click to edit.
- Type 4 tildes ~~~~ next the name of the county just finished. The ~~~~ is an electronic signature and will leave your user name and date when you signed.
- In the Summary box type something like, "Finished Adams County
- Click on the box "Save Page".
- This page was last modified on 11 September 2013, at 23:57.
- This page has been accessed 1,942 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More