FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject Washington Tasks-LibrariesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
This will help people know about local libraries and what online collections they have for family history and genealogy.
- Importance: Some local libraries have local collections that have never been microfilmed, such as indexes or unpublished manuscripts. Libraries are also a possible resource for people to maintain the Wiki pages after the project itself is completed.
1) Add contact information and links to websites. 2) Include a short summary of (physical) collections that help with genealogy or history. 3) Indicate if they have Ancestry.com, HeritageQuest Online, or other subscriptions sites for genealogy and family history.
If you are accepting this task:
- 1. Open the Assignment Chart for editing.
- 2. Place your cursor in the column next to the county of choice
- 3. Type 4 tildes (~~~~). This electronic signature and will leave your user name and the date.
- 4. Add a Summary for your edit such as "Accepted [County name]".
- 5. Save Page.
If you have completed this task:
- 1. Type 4 tildes (~~~~) in the Date Completed column for that county.
- 2. In the edit Summary, type "Completed [county name]"
- 3. Save page
- This page was last modified on 14 September 2013, at 03:11.
- This page has been accessed 144 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More