FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject Waypointing/Instructions for 'Simple' ProjectsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
- Go to “File,” “Open Project,” and select a project from the list on the Waypointing Wiki page from the drop-down menu, then click “OK.”
- Locate and mark any camera operator, focus images or title boards as “Administrative.”
- The Consolidated Form for this project has only one field:
- ‘’’Item Number’’’
Simple projects only involve capturing the item number on the film. This can be determined by the number that is on the starting and ending title boards and this number should match the item number in the film notes for most projects. However, if there are no numbers on title boards or if there is only one item in the film notes, still number the actual waypoints on the film consecutively. All items need to be numbered in order (Ex. 1,2,3, etc.).
- Once the consolidated form is complete, highlight the item it applies to and click “New.”
- Repeat this process until all books have been Waypointed with their own Consolidated Form.
- When you are confident that all waypoints are correct, click “Finish.” A new folder should load, or you can start with step 1 of these instructions to open a new folder.
- When you have finished your first folder, please send an email to Leo, Travis or Caleb, so they can audit your work and give feedback on any issues they find.
Occasionally the film notes will not match the items that are on the film, or they will not match up properly. If this is the case, please email the DGS number of the film to the Leo, Travis or Caleb for review. If you have any questions regarding this project please contact any of the contacts below.
If you have any questions regarding these projects please contact one of the following members of the Digital Browse team:
- This page was last modified on 14 April 2014, at 18:12.
- This page has been accessed 868 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News