FamilySearch Wiki talk:Changing the Size of Font or the Color of Heading 1Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
So everyone know what they look like and know what "Heading 1" is . . . this line is in "Normal" format. The following lines are in the specified formats (after the Table Of Contents (TOC)):
With that all said and done, my real question is not so much about why Heading 1 is not used. If I remember correctly, I believe the items that appear in the TOC start with Heading 2. This may be a big reason why Heading 1 is not used so much. P.S. I just noticed that if Heading 1 is used, it will adjust the TOC to use it as the lowest level. So, why did I think it only started with Heading 2? Maybe because when one adds a topic to a discussion page ('+'), it actually inserts the new topic as Heading 2. Well, that action may have influenced what I thought. Thomas Lerman 04:37, 17 June 2009 (UTC)
- Wondering why this page is in the main namespace and also why the discussion was entered on the this page rather than the discussion page????? Franjensen 15:00, 18 June 2009 (UTC)
- Thank you for the catch on my error. I move my comments to the discussion page. I cannot answer why the page was created in the main namespace. Thomas Lerman 15:08, 18 June 2009 (UTC)
- In most other wikis H1 is the same format as the article title and so is not generally used in the body of the article (perhaps this is why you thought the TOC starts with H2). Currently both H1 and H2 are formatted in preference over the article title. I think this is a poor design decision. Also as both H1 and H2 include background shading they cause issues surrounding floating elements like pictures/thumbnails/navboxes. --Steve 10:08, 16 October 2009 (UTC)
- This page was last modified on 16 October 2009, at 10:08.
- This page has been accessed 417 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News