Fargo North Dakota Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Fargo North Dakota Family History Center serves eastern North Dakota and northwestern Minnesota. Other Family History Centers in the area are located in Aberdeen, SD; Bemidji, MN; Detroit Lakes, MN; Grand Forks, ND; and Wahpeton, ND.
Center Contacts and Hours
- 2502 17th Ave S Fargo ND 58103 United States
- Use the west door
- 1 701-232-4003
- Wed 9 am - 1 pm, 7 - 9 pm
- 1st Thurs 9 am - 1 pm
- Sat 9 am - Noon (except closed 4th Saturday)
- Sat Closed summer-time: Memorial Day through Labor Day
- To make an appointment for other times, please contact the director at 1-626-710-2582.
Holiday Schedule: The Saturdays nearest Memorial Day, Easter and Labor Day. The entire weeks of Independence Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's. The Saturdays of the LDS Church semi-annual General Conference, usually the first Saturday in April and October. And the day of the annual Moorhead Heritage Commission's Family History Workshop in September.
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: Microfilm and microfiche can be ordered through the FamilySearch Catalog and sent to this center. You will be notified by email when the items arrive.
- A large collection of Norwegian church records on microfilm are on extended loan.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- As of September 2015 the list of subscription websites available includes:
- 19th Century British Library Newspaper Digital Archive
Create Your "Who Do You Think You Are?" Story for free
Access Newspaper Archive
Alexander Street Press – The American Civil War Research Database
Ancestry.com – Institutional Version
ArkivDigital Online [Sweden]
Find My Past – Institutional Version
Historic Map Works - Library Edition
My Heritage – Library Edition
Hardware and Equipment
- Three computers, microfilm readers, microfiche reader,
- Printer/copier/scanner and microfilm reader/printer
Staff Research Specialties
Minnesota, North Dakota and Midwest in general
Resources in the Local Area
North Dakota Institute for Regional Studies, Fargo, ND
Historical and Cultural Society of Clay County, Moorhead, Minnesota.
Volunteer at the Center
We welcome volunteers to help users of this center.
- This page was last modified on 25 September 2015, at 18:14.
- This page has been accessed 2,775 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News