Farmington Maine Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
"Located in the northwest mountains of Maine, Farmington is a picturesque community with many colonial and Victorian homes. It is a Shiretown and the location of The University of Maine at Farmington."
Center Contacts and Hours
- 141 Woodfield Dr Farminton ME 04938 United States
- From Center Bridge take Rt. 4 north to the stoplight at Main and Broadway. *Turn right. After a block Broadway changes to Perham Street (Same street).
- Go straight about a mile. You will see the church sign on the right, and then Green Acres Apartments .
- Woodfield Drive is across the road on the left. It is hard to see as you approach.
- The chapel is at the end of the dead end street.
- Take the first driveway to the first door on your left.
- Sign is by the sidewalk. we are usually open even if there is no car.
- Try the door.
- Wednesday:By appointment
- Saturday:By appointment
Extended closing from Dec 21st to January 3rd
Closed all holidays:
Calendar and Events
- By request
Staff Training Meetings
- Town Histories
- Cemetery Records
- Family Histories
- This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- Many microfilm on site of Maine towns with an emphasis on Franklin County
- A large collection of Pedigree Charts with an index
- Two databases of Maine Old Cemetery Association records.
Databases and Software
- This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
We have four computers, and a printer/copier. We also have microfilm reader and microfiche reader.
Staff Research Specialties
- Local and Maine History
- Computer research
Resources in the Local Area
- Farmington Public Library has a room dedicated to Family History Records
- UMF Mantor Library has some records
- Franklin County Court House has probate and land records
- A Few Cemeteries in Maine: http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~mefrankl/cem.htm
- Maine Genealogy: http://www.mainegenealogy.net/
- Franklin County, Maine Genealogy: http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~mefrankl/index.htm
Volunteer at the Center
I would welcome volunteers from the community that could regularly give their time.
- This page was last modified on 3 April 2015, at 18:06.
- This page has been accessed 874 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More