Federated States of Micronesia GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Federated States of Micronesia ancestry, family history and genealogy: birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, and military records.
Getting started with Micronesia research(FSM) includes four main island groups:
- Pohnpei - formerly known as Ponape
- Chuuk - formerly known as Truk Islands
- Kosrae - formerly known as Kosaie
The Federated States of Micronesia are situated about three-fourths of the way from Hawaii to Indonesia.
The term Micronesia also can refer to a wider area of the Pacific which includes seven other separate island nations beyond the Federated States of Micronesia. For this wider area see Category:Micronesia, or for a map comparing the areas of Micronesia, Melanesia, and Polynesia click here.
- National Archives Pacific Region (San Francisco) holding records of California (north & central), Nevada (except Clark County), Hawaii, American Samoa, Guam, Marshall, Caroline, and Northern Mariana Islands, overseas Pacific naval bases, Asian-Pacific immigration, American Indians.
A wiki article describing an online collection is found at:
- Micronesia, Pohnpei Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Micronesia, Pohnpei, Court Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Micornesia, Pohnpei, Land Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Pacific Island Guide to Family History Research
Did you know?
The only empire created in this island nation was started at Yap.
- ↑ "Federated States of Micronesia," Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federated_States_of_Micronesia: accessed 18 August 2008), and Central Intelligence Agency, "Micronesia, Federated States of," World Factbook (https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/fm.html: accessed 18 August 2008).
- ↑ "Micronesia," Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Micronesia: accessed 18 August 2008).
- This page was last modified on 11 December 2015, at 04:19.
- This page has been accessed 3,917 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News