Finding Ancestors Through New Family SearchEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
How to Find Ancestors Though New Family Search:
A Green Check Mark
Once you are have logged into New Family Search do the following:
- Find and Click on the Search button.
- Type in a name to search out. Look to see if the name has a green check mark above it. A green check mark means there is temple work to be completed. Let’s say it is green...
- Click on green check mark. Let’s say the name is “ready” to have work done.
- Click on “Continue”
- You will see “FamilySearch: Church Policy Agreement.”
- Click box at top of page. Says,“I have read and will comply with the above statement.”
- Click large button at bottom of page. It says, “Add To Temple Ordiance List.”
- Combine any records. There is still work to be done. When finished...
- Scroll down to bottom of the page and click "Done"
- Click on button. Says, “Go To Temple Ordiance List.” Then start over...
- WorkClick on a name in a pedigree line.
- Click on the arrow next to the name.
- Follow the arrows back a few generations.
- Click on the small “green” button at the top left of the Web page. It looks like a pedigree tree.
- Follow arrows backward.
- Find a name with green check mark.
- Important: Follow steps 3 through 9 above.
- This page was last modified on 7 February 2011, at 18:59.
- This page has been accessed 1,085 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More