Finnish Research: Getting StartedEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Back to Finland Page►
Begin with family and home sources. Your home is an important source of family history. Look for these items and other similar sources.
- Birth, marriage, and death certificates,
- Family Bibles
- Family records
- Journals, diaries, and letters
- Old photographs
- Obituaries and newspaper clippings
Next ask your relatives for any additional information they may have. It is likely that your second cousin, great-aunt, or other relative already has some family information.
Organize the information you find, and record it on pedigree charts and family group records.
- This page was last modified on 10 February 2015, at 23:13.
- This page has been accessed 1,203 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More