Forncett St Mary, NorfolkEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Forncett St Mary, Norfolk|
|Poor Law Union||Depwade PLU|
|Parish registers: 1688|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1705|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norfolk|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
FORNCETT (St. Mary), a parish, in the union and hundred of Depwade, E. division of Norfolk, 3 miles (W. N. W.) from Long Stratton. 
Forncett St Mary is an Ancient Parish in the Diocese of Norwich.
For many years the combined parish of Forncett St Peter, Norfolk and St Mary has served the needs of local people. St Mary was declared redundant in the 1970's and is an isolated empty church.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
- Depwade 1837-1935
- Forncett 1935- 1974
Forncett St Mary, Norfolk parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Forncett St Mary, Norfolk Online Records|
Norfolk Record Office reference PD278/1-4, 23-24
Parish registers on microfilm:
| Parish registers, 1688-1905
|| FHL BRITISH Film |
1657158 Items 33-40
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 438851.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- Forncett St Mary on GenUKI
| This section requires expansion with:
any additional relevant sites that aren't mentioned above.
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis,A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 250-253. Date accessed: 19 September 2013.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 24 February 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1538-1900', FamilySearch, accessed 17 March 2014.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 11 February 2014.
- ↑ Norfolk Transcription Archive, accessed 15 April 2014.
- This page was last modified on 16 April 2014, at 17:02.
- This page has been accessed 1,011 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback