Forncett St Peter, Norfolk GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Forncett St Peter, Norfolk|
|Poor Law Union||Depwade PLU|
|Parish registers: 1561; For more records see Forncett St Mary|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1705|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norfolk|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
FORNCETT (St. Peter), a parish, in the union and hundred of Depwade, E. division of Norfolk, 2¾ miles (W. by N.) from Long Stratton. 
Also referenced as Bustard's Green or Buster's Green.
Forncett St Peter is an Ancient Parish in the diocese of Norwich. Also known includes Forncett End.
A Saxon round tower church with 1850 renovation. The combined parish of Forncett includes Forncett St Mary, Norfolk
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
- Depwade 1837-1935
- Forncett 1935- 1974
Forncett St Peter, Norfolk Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Forncett St Peter, Norfolk Genealogy Online Parish Records|
A search of the FamilySearch Catalogue identifies the following Archdeacon's transcripts:
|Baptisms, burials and marriages 1725-1808|| FHL BRITISH Film |
1526806 Item 16
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 438851.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- Forncett St Peter on GenUKI
- Parish details and it's connection with the poet William Wordsworth
- The history of the Forncett Windmill
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 250-253. Date accessed: 19 September 2013.
- ↑ "Norfolk: Towns and Parishes and Administrative Areas" GENUKI, http://www.origins.org.uk/genuki/NFK/places/
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 24 February 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1538-1900', FamilySearch, accessed 17 March 2014.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 8 February 2014.
- This page was last modified on 27 May 2015, at 13:36.
- This page has been accessed 4,130 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News