Fort Lapwai School (Idaho)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
After 1885, when old Fort Lapwai ceased to function as a military fort, it was converted into an Indian school, then a tuberculosis sanitorium, then a boys and girls dormitory, and finally into a school under the direction of the Lapwai School District. It was called the Fort Lapwai Training school from 1891-1899.
The administration of the school was transferred to Coeur d'Alene Agency, 1 July 1933.
Microfilm copies of ...Narrative and Statistical Reports... for the Fort Lapwai School, 1910-1933, are included in National Archives Microcopy M1011, Roll 51, available in the National Archives system and in the collections of the Family History Library in Salt Lake City (their microfilm number 1724269). Narrative reports for 1921, 1922, and 1925 are missing.
- American Indians: A Select Catalog of National Archives Microfilm Publications. Washington DC: National Archives Trust Fund Board, National Archives and Records Administration, 1998.
- Hill, Edward E. (comp.). Guide to Records in the National Archives of the United States Relating to American Indians. Washington DC: National Archives and Records Service, General Services Administration, 1981.
- Preliminary Inventory No. 163: Records of the Bureau of Indian Affairs. Washington DC: National Archives and Records Services. Available online
- "Accompanying Pamphlet for Microcopy 1011", National Archives Microfilm Publications, Appendix.
- This page was last modified on 7 January 2011, at 07:29.
- This page has been accessed 1,628 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News