Fort Macleod Alberta Family History CentreEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Centre, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Fort Macleod Stake Family History Center welcomes all who are looking for assistance with their family history. Our staff are eager to help both those who are just beginning Family History and those who have been engaged in the search for ancestors for many years.
Centre Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- 643 20th Street, Fort Macleod, Alberta, T0L 0Z0 Canada.
- Location on Map
- Tues: 6pm - 9pm
- Wed: 2pm - 5pm, 6pm - 9pm
- Thurs: 6pm - 9pm
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
Scheduled at 5:00PM on the second Tuesday of the month
- FamilySearch Catalog: This centre has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This centre has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the centre to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. (Note to FHC: Not all FHCs have access to this portal. If you do not, you will want to remove this entire bullet. If you do have access to it, just remove this text in italics.)
Hardware and Equipment
- This center has four computers for patrons to use which are internet enabled.
- We also have four microfilm readers and micro fiche machines.
- We have a large inventory of Vital records from Ontario, Canada in our inventory.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your centre such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your centre is located.)
Volunteer at the Centre
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)
- This page was last modified on 19 July 2014, at 04:26.
- This page has been accessed 753 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More