Fort Worth Texas Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
This center is located in Southwest Fort Worth on Altamesa Boulevard between Hulen Street and Trail Lake Drive.
Center Contacts and Hours
- 5001 Alta Mesa Fort Worth Texas 76133 United States
- Enter on East side of LDS Church building / use stairs toward back corner of building.
Closed for several traditional holidays and some adjacent days: (Private appointments may be available during Christmas holidays please call(1-817-320-3073): One Saturday early in April and October for General Conference (call for dates): During severe weather we will be closed please call before coming:
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to receive most of the films and microfiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- Films/fiche can be ordered by the patron at www.FamilySearch.org/films
- More than 3600 films are on extended loan plus many microfiche. See lists in book at FHC.
- 20 Volumes of Passenger and Immigration Lists Index (edited by Filby and Meyer)
- Numerous reference books and other materials
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal, which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- Access to several personal Family History software applications, including Ancestral Quest, Legacy, and Roots Magic, which synchronize with FamilySearch Family Tree.
Hardware and Equipment
- Six Internet-connected computers available for patron use
- Five microfilm readers and two microfiche readers.
- One film/fiche scanner and one flatbed scanner, with access to printer and flash-drive output.
- This page was last modified on 6 October 2014, at 03:03.
- This page has been accessed 2,048 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News