Frating, Essex GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Frating, Essex ancestry, family history, and genealogy. Parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
Frating redundant church contributor John Salmon
|Poor Law Union||Tendring PLU|
|Parish registers: 1560|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1800|
|Rural Deanery||St Osyth|
|Diocese||Pre-1846 - London; Post-1845 - Rochester|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Colchester|
|Location of Archive|
|Essex Record Office|
Frating, is a parish in Tendring district, Essex; it is 2 miles ENE of Wivenhoe railway station, and 6 miles ESE of Colchester.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Frating, Essex Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|BOYD = Boyd's Marriage Index (findmypast) - (£)|
|ESSEX = EssexAncestors - (£)|
|FSPRs = England, Essex Parish Registers, 1503-1997 (FamilySearch) - free|
|NBI = National Burial Index (findmypast) - (£)|
|Frating, Essex Genealogy Online Parish Records|
Parish registers Microfilm of original records in the Essex Records Office, Chelmsford.
Christenings, marriages and burials.
Parish registers FHL BRITISH Film 571179 Item 7
Bishop's transcripts for Frating Microfilm copy of original at Essex Record Office in Chelmsford, England.
Essex Record Office, Chelmsford, no.: D/CR 151.
Baptisms, burials, 1800-1877; marriages, 1800-1839. FHL BRITISH Film 1702315 Item 5
Essex Record Office also hold transcripts for various registers under their T/R references transcript collections.
1841 Census returns fro Frating are missing.
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 207427.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Essex Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Essex Ancestors - offers images of genealogical records for the county of Essex ($)
- ↑ John M. Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England Wales, 1870. Adapted, date accessed: 21 May 2013.
- ↑ 'Boyd's Marriage Index - Parish details by county,' Origins.net, accessed 12 June 2011.
- ↑ Essex Ancestors: Unearth Your Roots, Seax - Essex Archives Online From the Essex Record Office, accessed 3 March 2012.
- ↑ 'England, Essex Parish Registers (FamilySearch Historical Records),' FamilySearch, accessed 2 September 2014.
- ↑ 'Parish Records - National Burial Index Records 1538 - 2005 Coverage,' Find My Past, accessed 15 May 2012. For a breakdown of missing years, see 'National Burial Index - Coverage: Essex,' Federation of Family History Societies, accessed 15 May 2012.
- This page was last modified on 3 February 2015, at 20:48.
- This page has been accessed 2,028 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More