Fritton St Catherine, Norfolk GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Fritton St Catherine, Norfolk|
|Poor Law Union||Depwade PLU|
|Parish registers: 1558|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1705|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norfolk|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
FRITTON (St. Catherine), a parish, in the union and hundred of Depwade, E. division of Norfolk, 2½ miles (E. by N.) from Long Stratton. 
Fritton St Catherine is an Ancient Parish in the Depwade deanery of the Diocese of Norwich.
Fritton is now part of Morningthorpe civil parish and lies close to Morningthorpe, Norfolk parish.
It should not be confused with the other Fritton parish in the Diocese Fritton, Suffolk
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
- Depwade 1837-1935
- Part of Morningthorpe in Depwade 1935-1974
- The Register Office, Council Offices, Market Hill, Diss, IP22 3JX.
Tel: 01379 643915. E-mail: email@example.com
Fritton St Catherine, Norfolk Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Fritton St Catherine, Norfolk Genealogy Online Records|
Norfolk Record Office reference PD 71/ 1-7
The images displayed under the way point Fritton include a marriage book 1838-1901 53 images which are for Fritton, Suffolk and have been loaded with other record images for this parish.
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 438851.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- Fritton on GenUKI
- Parish Info AChurchNearYou
- British History online
- http://www.paintedchurch.org/frittong.htm st George and the Dragon wall painting]
- Norfolk Churches website
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England(1848), pp. 266-269. Date accessed: 25 September 2013.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 24 February 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1538-1900', FamilySearch, accessed 17 March 2014.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 10 February 2014.
- ↑ Norfolk Transcription Archive, accessed 15 April 2014.
- This page was last modified on 27 May 2015, at 13:44.
- This page has been accessed 1,963 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News