Fyfield, Essex GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Fyfield, Essex ancestry, family history, and genealogy. Parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
St Nicholas, Fyfield Essex
|Poor Law Union||Ongar PLU|
|Parish registers: 1538|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1639; 1800|
|Diocese||Pre-1846 - London; Post-1845 - Rochester|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Essex|
|Location of Archive|
|Essex Record Office|
Fyfield, is a parish in Ongar district, Essex; on the river Roding, it is 2 3/4 miles NNE of Chipping Ongar, and 7 1/2 miles NW of Ingatestone railway station.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Fyfield, Essex Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|BOYD = Boyd's Marriage Index (findmypast) - (£)|
|ESSEX = EssexAncestors - (£)|
|FREG = FreeREG - free|
|FSPRs = England, Essex Parish Registers, 1503-1997 (FamilySearch) - free|
|Fyfield, Essex Genealogy Online Parish Records|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 241374.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Essex Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Essex Ancestors - offers images of genealogical records for the county of Essex ($)
Fyfield on GENUKI
- ↑ John M. Wilson,Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales, 1870. Adapted, date accessed: 21 May 2013.
- ↑ 'Boyd's Marriage Index - Parish details by county,' Origins.net, accessed 12 June 2011.
- ↑ Essex Ancestors: Unearth Your Roots, Seax - Essex Archives Online From the Essex Record Office, accessed 3 March 2012.
- ↑ Essex Coverage in FreeReg, FreeREG, accessed 19 April 2012.
- ↑ 'England, Essex Parish Registers (FamilySearch Historical Records),' FamilySearch, accessed 2 September 2014.
- This page was last modified on 4 June 2015, at 15:15.
- This page has been accessed 2,220 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News