G.W. Brown's Company, Virginia Horse ArtilleryEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
- Organized in August 1862, by dividing Pelham's original company.
- This unit was assigned to J. Pelham's, R. F. Beckham's, J. Breathed's and R. P. Chew's Battalion of Artillery, Army of Northern Virginia.
- It was involved in many conflicts from Fredericksburg to Cold Harbor, then participated in the defense of Petersburg and the Appomattox operations.
- The battery reported 6 casualties at Fredericksburg and 20 at Chancellorsville, had 106 engaged at Gettysburg, and surrendered only 2 in April 1865.
- Captains G. Wilmer Brown, M. W. Henry, and William M. McGregor.
- AKA - McGregor's Battery or the Stuart Horse Artillery 2nd Battery
- This page was last modified on 29 November 2010, at 21:24.
- This page has been accessed 375 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News