Gamlebyen, Oslo, Norway GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Microfilm at the Family History Library contain parish registers from Oslo city Hospital parish (Gamlebyen). It was its own parish 1663-1801 then united with Oslo prison (Tugthus) parish 1801-1823 and with Aker (Østre og Vestre) parish 1823-1861. Included Gamle (Old) Aker and Grønland parishes until 1861. For the years 1862-1868 see Grønland parish.
Images of the church books are available online at Digitalarkivet.
A royal Resolution May 29, 1880 made Oslo annex an independent parish. The borders for the parish followed Schweigårds gate to Harald Hårdrådes plass, then a straight line south to the Lo river, along the Lo river to the city limits. It did not get the name of Gamlebyen until 1924.
- This page was last modified on 1 June 2015, at 19:01.
- This page has been accessed 673 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News