Garboldisham, NorfolkEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Poor Law Union||Guiltcross PLU|
|Parish records: 1609|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1698|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norfolk|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
GARBOLDISHAM (St. John the Baptist), a parish, in the union and hundred of Guilt-Cross, W. division of Norfolk, 4¼ miles (S. S. E.) from East Harling. Part of the tower of the ancient church of the merged parish of All Saints is remaining. There is a place of worship for Primitive Methodists. 
Garboldisham has two churches, the ruin of Garboldisham All Saints whose tower collapsed into the nave in 1734. Nearby is the 15 th century church of Garboldisham St John the Baptist which is the parish church.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
- Guiltcross 1837-1902
- Thetford 1902-1938
- Wayland 1939-1974
Garboldisham, Norfolk parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Garboldisham, Norfolk Parish Online Records|
|FS PRs||Undefined||1609-1715, 1725-1901||Undefined||1609-1715, 1725-1901||Undefined||1609-1715, 1725-1901|
Norfolk Record Office reference PD 197/1-8
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 438861.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- Norfolk: Garboldisham on GenUKI
| This section requires expansion with:
any additional relevant sites that aren't mentioned above.
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis,A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 275-279. Date accessed: 18 March 2013.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 25 February 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1538-1900', FamilySearch, accessed 17 March 2014.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 8 February 2014.
- This page was last modified on 12 April 2014, at 19:58.
- This page has been accessed 638 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback