Gayton Thorpe, NorfolkEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Gayton Thorpe, Norfolk|
|Poor Law Union||Freebridge Lynn PLU|
|Registration District||Freebridge Lynn|
|Parish records: 1575|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1600|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norwich|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
GAYTON-THORPE (St. Mary), a parish, in the union and hundred of Freebridge-Lynn, W. division of Norfolk, 8 miles (N. W. by N.) from Swaffham. 
Gayton Thorpe St Mary is an Ancient parish in the Diocese of Norwich.
A Saxon round tower church with Norman upper stage.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
- Freebridge Lynn 1837 -1935
- Gayton 1935-1938
- King's Lynn 1939-1974
Gayton Thorpe, Norfolk parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Gayton Thorpe, Norfolk Online Records|
This parish's registers do not appear on FamilySearch as no microfilm for the parish is held
A search of the Family History Library Catalogue identifies the following Archdeacon's transcripts:
| Baptisms 1600-1610, 1623-1637, 1668-1812 Marriages 1600-1610, 1626-1637, 1670-1810 Burials 1600-1610, 1623-1637, 1668-1811
|| FHL BRITISH Film |
1526742 Item 15
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 438857.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 283-287. Date accessed: 18 March 2013.
- ↑ Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 10 February 2014.
- ↑ Pallot's Marriage and Births Indexes: Guide to Parishes, n.d.; digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- This page was last modified on 17 April 2014, at 03:22.
- This page has been accessed 568 times.
We want your opinion!
Give feedback on two US state pages by clicking on the purple button belowClick Here