Gaywood, Norfolk GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Poor Law Union||Freebridge Lynn|
|Registration District||Freebridge Lynn|
|Parish registers: 1654|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1600|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norwich|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
GAYWOOD (St. Faith), a parish, in the union and hundred of Freebridge-Lynn, W. division of Norfolk, ¾ of a mile (E. by N.) from Lynn. 
Gaywood St Faith is an Ancient parish in the Lynn deanery of the Diocese of Norwich.
The church and parish of the ancient village of Gaywood, which is now a suburb of King's Lynn, and since 1974 has been shared by the Gaywood Methodist congregation. It is a Local Ecumenical Partnership, where Anglicans and Methodists share fully in each others worship and work together in every aspect of church life. Includes Highgate.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Gaywood, Norfolk Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Gaywood, Norfolk Genealogy Online Records|
Parish registers are deposited at Norfolk Record Office reference PD 451/1-10, 12-14, 24-25
FamilySearch Historical Records contains no images for this parish since no microfilm of the parish registers.
Archdeacons transcripts, 1600-1812 Microfilm copies of original records in the Norfolk Record Office, Norwich, Norfolk, England.
|Baptisms and burials 1600-1608, 1623-1636, 1668-1812 Marriages 1600-1608, 1625-1636, 1668-1811|| FHL BRITISH Film |
1526743 Item 1
Gaywood Methodist Church
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 438857.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- Norfolk: Gaywood on GenUKI
- Gaywood Methodist services at St Faith's Please note that the church operates a parish office and visitors are advised to contact in advance. Contact details are on the parish website.
- Gaywoodon Norfolk churches website (images of the church)
- Gaywoodon British History Online
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis,A Topographical Dictionary of England(1848), pp. 283-287.Date accessed: 18 March2013.
- ↑ Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 25 February 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 11 February 2014.
- ↑ Pallot's Marriage and Births Indexes: Guide to Parishes, n.d.; digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Baptism Project 1813 to 1880,' Tinstaafl Transcripts, accessed 10 April 2014.
- This page was last modified on 27 May 2015, at 13:52.
- This page has been accessed 4,108 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News