Genealogical Societies in Gotland, SwedenEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Back to Gotland County Page►
Contacting a Swedish genealogical society can be a great step to expand or enrich your family history. With over 160 societies in Sweden, you will find that the size of membership, organization, and resources vary a lot group to group. Some factors are consistent such as:
- They have a wealth of local knowledge that may help in finding your ancestors.
- The society may have created research tools (like indexes or databases) to make research easier for their locality.
- The members are happy to connect with people whose ancestors come from their locality.
There is a umbrella organization called The Federation of Swedish Genealogical Societies (Sveriges Släktforskarförbund) that most societies belong to.
Here is a list of the genealogical societies in Gotland County with contact information:
|Society in Sweden||Contact Person||Contact Information / Homepage|
|Gotlands Genealogiska Förening||Kerstin Jonmyren||
611 36, Nyköping, Sweden
- This page was last modified on 10 February 2015, at 20:26.
- This page has been accessed 757 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News