Genealogical Societies in Jämtland, SwedenEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Back to Jämtland Province Page►
Contacting a Swedish genealogical society can be a great step to expand or enrich your family history. With over 160 societies in Sweden, you will find that the size of membership, organization, and resources vary a lot group to group. Some factors are consistent such as:
- They have a wealth of local knowledge that may help in finding your ancestors.
- The society may have created research tools (like indexes or databases) to make research easier for their locality.
- The members are happy to connect with people whose ancestors come from their locality.
There is a umbrella organization called The Federation of Swedish Genealogical Societies (Sveriges Släktforskarförbund) that most societies belong to.
Here is a list of the genealogical societies in Jämtland Province with contact information:
|Society in Sweden||Contact Person||Contact Information / Homepage|
|Jämtlands Lokalhistoriker och Släktforskare||Kerstin Ellert||
Address: c/o Kerstin Ellert
830 23 Hackås, Sweden
- This page was last modified on 3 September 2013, at 02:02.
- This page has been accessed 574 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More