Genealogical Societies in Norrbotten, SwedenEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Back to Norrbotten Province Page►
Contacting a Swedish genealogical society can be a great step to expand or enrich your family history. With over 160 societies in Sweden, you will find that the size of membership, organization, and resources vary a lot group to group. Some factors are consistent such as:
- They have a wealth of local knowledge that may help in finding your ancestors.
- The society may have created research tools (like indexes or databases) to make research easier for their locality.
- The members are happy to connect with people whose ancestors come from their locality.
There is a umbrella organization called The Federation of Swedish Genealogical Societies (Sveriges Släktforskarförbund) that most societies belong to.
Here is a list of the genealogical societies in Norrbotten Province with contact information:
|Society in Sweden||Contact Person||Contact Information / Homepage|
|Boden-Överluleå ForskarFörening||Björn Fredriksson||
Address: Idrottsgatan 2 D
961 64 Boden, Sweden
|Kalixbygdens Forskarförening||Bengt-Göran Nilsson||
Address: Sänkvägen 16
952 36 Kalix, Sweden
|Matarengi Forskarförening||Sören Lejonclou||
Address: Box 18
957 21 Övertorneå, Sweden
Areas: Övertorneå, Tornedalen, Norrbotten
|Älvsbyns Forskarförening||Gun Jonsson||
Address: Barrgatan 9 B
942 32 Älvsbyn, Sweden
- This page was last modified on 15 December 2010, at 17:44.
- This page has been accessed 514 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback