Geometriska Historical Maps of SwedenEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
These maps were created between the late 1600's up until about 1750. They show aerial views of cultivation and places of residence.
How to find Geometriska Historical Maps
1. Go to the Historiska kartor section of the Lantmäteriet website at: http://historiskakartor.lantmateriet.se/arken/s/search.html?locale=sv_SE
2. You will see 3 search fields on the left side of the screen, and the word ”Sök”. You can use these fields, but it is easier to use the Advanced Search options. Click on Avancerad sökning
3. Leave the default in the Arkiv:* field as: Lantmäterimyndigheternas arkiv
4. Choose a Län:* (County) from the drop down list.For example: Södermanland. If you're not sure of the County name see a list at: Counties of Sweden
5. Click on the little circle next to Socken/Arkivserie (to sort by Socken instead of Kommun)
6. Choose a Socken (parish) from the Socken /Arkivserie:* dropdown list.
7. Then click on Sök
Note: You can use the fields Traktnamn, Årtal, or Åtgärd if you want. The Åtgärd: drop down list allows you to search for a specific type of map. If you don’t use the fields Traktnamn, Årtal, or Åtgärd then you see a list of everything that is available for the parish.
8. After you click Sök, you will see a hits list.
- The link to see the map is in the first column to the left.
- The name of the “type of map” is in the middle column. For help with translation see the Historical Maps of Sweden Word List.
- The year when the map or documents were made is in the far right column.
You can click on the numbers below the hits list to browse all the hits for this parish, or click on Nästa (Next) or Sista (Last) to move to the next list of hits.
- Additional copies of these maps can be found through Riksarkivet at Yngre geometriska kartor.
Ångström, Karl-Ingvar and Johansson, Björn, Kart-forskning Sverige Släktforskarförbunds Handböcker 3, Svärd & Söner, Falköping, 2011
Wikipedia Community, Jordebok, Swedish Wikipedia 2012
- This page was last modified on 2 February 2015, at 21:06.
- This page has been accessed 787 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More