Gloucestershire Family History SocietyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Address||Clarence Row, Alvin Street, Gloucester GL1 3AH|
- Publications for sale
- On-going projects
- Quarterly newsletter
- Look-up or research service
Benefits of Membership in Local Family History Societies
The following advantages and benefits of joining a local family history society will help you extend your pedigree and grow your knowledge and research skills in each England county:
- One of the best ways to discover other (distant) relatives, with whom to collaborate on family lines.
- Learn about events and local history which directly affected your ancestors.
- Know how/what effective search strategies and other critical approaches to employ in your research.
- Obtain numerous ideas for helping you overcome brickwalls in constructing your genealogy.
- Learn about, use, help create critical products being compiled by each society, such as transcribing or indexing churchyard, marriage, baptism, census, military, occupation, and etc records of the area or county, perhaps even helping to build data content for your parish[es] of interest (i.e.index) if desired.
- Purchase books, CDs, microfiche, or the services of knowledgeable and experienced local residents to perform "lookup" services for all those researching ancestry from remote areas around the world.
- Share/publish your ancestral surnames of interests for others to view and respond with help and assistance in various ways.
- This page was last modified on 15 August 2013, at 11:35.
- This page has been accessed 363 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback