Grant County, Oregon Trivia TidbitsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
- Aldrich Mountain, , Named for Ellery Wood Aldrich, an early rancher. Aldrich, along with his son Elmer Oliver Aldrich, was one of a party of ranchers who encountered a band of marauding Paiute Indians in 1878. Young Aldrich was killed and his mutilated body was later found in Aldrich Gulch, , was then named for him. The family name later transferred to Aldrich Mountain and the Aldrich Mountains to the east. Aldrich Creek, , does not flow in the gulch but runs north to John Day River.
- Aldrich Mountains, a range south of Dayville, Mount Vernon and John Day. Coordinates from west to east: , ,
- Little Aldrich Mountain, , a summit in Aldrich Mountains range
Oregon Geographic Names FHLC
|This Oregon-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
- This page was last modified on 23 February 2011, at 21:09.
- This page has been accessed 398 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback