Grant County, Oregon Trivia TidbitsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
- Aldrich Mountain, , Named for Ellery Wood Aldrich, an early rancher. Aldrich, along with his son Elmer Oliver Aldrich, was one of a party of ranchers who encountered a band of marauding Paiute Indians in 1878. Young Aldrich was killed and his mutilated body was later found in Aldrich Gulch, , was then named for him. The family name later transferred to Aldrich Mountain and the Aldrich Mountains to the east. Aldrich Creek, , does not flow in the gulch but runs north to John Day River.
- Aldrich Mountains, a range south of Dayville, Mount Vernon and John Day. Coordinates from west to east: , ,
- Little Aldrich Mountain, , a summit in Aldrich Mountains range
Oregon Geographic Names FamilySearch Catalog
|This Oregon-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
- This page was last modified on 6 February 2015, at 03:08.
- This page has been accessed 575 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More