Grants Pass Oregon Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
The Grants Pass Oregon Family History Center is located in the Grants Pass Stake building of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints at 1969 Williams Highway. Entrance to the Family History Center is on the Harbeck side. The staff is made up of people who love family history and enjoy helping other people find their roots. We are not professional genealogists. We serve all of Grants Pass but not the Cave Junction area as they have their own small FHC.
Center Contacts and Hours
- 1969 Williams Highway, Grants Pass, Oregon 97527 United States
- Entrance to the Family History Center is on the Harbeck side of the building
- There is a security system with a phone pickup to the center.
- A staff member will open the door for you.
- Closed during Thanksgiving week:
- Closed during Christmas holiday:
- Closed all other regular holidays:
Staff Training Meetings (staff only)
4th Tuesday of each month [except August and December] from 4:00 - 5:30 pm
FamilySearch Catalog We have direct digital access to many collections and resources that formerly were available only by mail or personal visits.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. Hardware and Equipment
- Our center has 10 computers with two printers and a copy machine. There are two microfilm readers and two microfiche readers.
- Center Services include free individual personal assistance.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
- The Grants Pass Genealogical Society is an active group of people dedicated to helping others find their family history. They hold monthly meetings with speakers who share various topics of genealogical interest. Their meetings are the second Tuesday of the month and are held in the LDS Church located in the same building as the Grants Pass Family History Center. <www.gpgenealogy.org>
- The Josephine County Historical Museum has a large collection of information regarding the local area. They also sell local history books. <www.jocohistory.org>
- Rogue Valley Genealogical Society is dedicated to helping people find their families through research but is especially dedicated to the history of the area. They are located in Medford, Oregon. <www.rvgsociety.org>
Volunteer at the Center
- This page was last modified on 30 September 2014, at 18:45.
- This page has been accessed 3,232 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News