Greystoke, Cumberland GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Greystoke, Cumberland ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||Penrith|
|Parish registers: 1559|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1666|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop of Carlisle (Episcopal Consistory)|
|Location of Archive|
|Cumberland Record Office|
GREYSTOCK[E] (St. Andrew), a parish, in the union of Penrith, Leath ward, E. division of Cumberland, 11 miles (W. by N.) from Penrith. Greystock.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Parish registers for Greystoke, 1559-1941
Bishop's transcripts for Greystoke, 1666-1875
Greystoke, Cumberland Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|BOYD = Boyd's Marriage Index (findmypast) - (£)|
|PRTs = Parish Register Transcripts (FamilySearch) - free|
|Greystoke, Cumberland Genealogy Online Records|
|PRTs||1559- 1757||1559- 1757||1559- 1757|
- Roman Catholic
- United Presbyterian Church of Scotland
- Wesleyan Methodist - Church records, 1847-1939 Wesleyan Methodist Chapel (Matterdale, Cumberland)
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 241283.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Cumberland Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Greystoke on GENUKI
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848) Date accessed and adapted 30 July 2013.
- ↑ Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ FamilySearch Catalog. Accessed 19 January 2016.
- This page was last modified on 19 January 2016, at 17:31.
- This page has been accessed 2,254 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News