Guatemala Civil RegistrationEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guatemala Civil Registration
General Historical Background
Information Recorded in Civil Registers
Marriages (matrimonios, casamientos)
Locating Civil Registration Records
To effectively use civil records, follow these steps:
- Search for the relative or ancestor you have selected. When you find the person’s birth record, search for the births of his or her brothers and sisters.
- Search for the marriage of his or her parents. The marriage record will often give you information that leads to the parents’ birth record.
- Estimate the parents’ age and search for their birth records.
- Repeat the process for both the father and mother.
- If earlier generations are not in the record, search neighboring municipios.
- Search the death records for all family members.
- This page was last modified on 30 July 2012, at 06:28.
- This page has been accessed 1,087 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback