Guildhall, VermontEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guildhall was chartered on October 10, 1761 and is the shire town (county seat) of Essex County. According to a large sign in the town center, it is the only town in the world so named. The name derives from a meeting house on the square called the Guildhall. The population at the 2010 US Census was 261.  
A history of Guildhall, Vt, by Everett Chamberlin Benton (1886) - view a digital copy of this book online.
FamilySearch Historical Records Collection has Vermont birth, death, and marriage records online.
The probate district for Guildhall is Essex.
Essex Probate Court
Island Pond, VT 05846
Phone: (802) 723-4770
The following is a list of major cemeteries in present-day Guildhall. For location of all cemeteries, see Cemeteries of Vermont, Essex County, website at this link.
- Courthouse Hill Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- Crawford Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- Nellie Smart Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- Ridgewell Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
Town Clerk Vital and Town Records, 1799 -1831, can be found on FamilySearch (browse only images).
The Family History Library has microfilm of original records from the Guildhall Town Clerk's Office. These include Vital records of Guildhall, Vermont, 1765-2001, Town records, 1799-1901, and Deeds and land records, 1784-1907; index, 1761-1898.
Guildhall Town Clerk
13 Courthouse Dr.
PO Box 10
Guildhall, VT 05905
Phone: (802) 676-3797
Libraries and Historical Societies
Guildhall Public Library Inc
7218 Vermont 102
Guildhall, VT 05905
Phone: (802) 676-3054
Northeast Kingdom Genealogy - Genealogy resources for towns in the counties of Essex, Orleans and Caledonia.
- ↑ Guildhall, Vermont - Wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guildhall,_Vermont
- ↑ Guildhall, Vermont - http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~vermont/EssexGuildhall.html
- This page was last modified on 6 February 2015, at 03:38.
- This page has been accessed 871 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News