Gwinear, Cornwall GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Gwinear, Cornwall ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
Gwinear Church Cornwall.
|Poor Law Union||Redruth PLU|
|Parish registers: 1560|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1607|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Cornwall|
|Location of Archive|
|Cornwall Record Office|
GWINEAR (St. Winnear), a parish, in the union of Redruth, E. division of the hundred of Penwith, W. division of Cornwall, 3¼ miles (S. W. by W.) from Camborne. There is a place of worship for Wesleyans.
Gwinear St Winnear is an Ancient Parish in the county of Cornwall. Other places in the parish include: Camhell Green, Cathebedron, Drannock, Fraddam, Relistian, Revala, Roseworthy, Tregortha, and Wall.
The parish church of St Gwinear iwas built in the 13th and 14th centuries (tower mid 15th century, built of granite in three stages). There are three aisles: the south aisle which is shorter than the nave, an inner north aisle, and further north the Arundell Aisle.
Births, marriages and deaths were kept by the government from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is Free BMD.
Gwinear, Cornwall Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Gwinear, Cornwall Genealogy Online Parish Records|
||1560-1678, 1702-1927|| |
Images of parish registers are available online at FamilySearch Images refer to Cornwall Record Office reference: P 80
Cornwall Online Parish Clerks
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 241264.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Cornwall Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
There are many maps and gazetteers showing English places. Valuable web sites are:
- England Jurisdictions 1851
- Vision of Britain
Gwinear in GENUKI
|This Cornwall-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 360-362. Date accessed: 13 March 2013
- ↑ 'British Isles Vital Records Index - 2nd Ed. Breakdown of Records', Genoot, accessed 21 November 2013.
- ↑ Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ 'Coverage by Parish,' Cornwall Online Parish Clerks, accessed 2 December 2013.
- ↑ 'Cornwall Baptisms', Find My Past, accessed 22 November 2013.
- ↑ 'Cornwall Marriages', Find My Past, accessed 25 November 2013.
- ↑ 'Cornwall Burials', Find My Past, accessed 25 November 2013.
- ↑ 'Cornwall Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 18 November 2013.
- ↑ 'England, Cornwall and Devon Parish Registers, 1538-2010', FamilySearch, accessed 26 November 2013.
- ↑ Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Cornwall, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 22 November 2013.
- ↑ Pallot's Marriage and Birth Indexes, Guide to Parishes. Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- This page was last modified on 20 May 2015, at 01:39.
- This page has been accessed 3,116 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More