Hampshire Probate Jurisdictions, Parishes beginning with BEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Here is a list of Hampshire parishes beginning with letters B and the pre-1858 ecclesiastical courts that had probate jurisdiction over them. Search the courts in the order given and be certain to search the indexes to the probate records, first.
To see a list of other Hampshire parishes, click on the letter the parish name begins with.
1. In the first column, find the place where your ancestor lived.
2. In the second column, click on the court name to learn where to find the records and indexes.
3. If the record isn't found in the primary court, search the records for the secondary courts in the order listed.
4. The last court to search is the Prerogative Court of the Archbishop of Canterbury.
If no will is found, your ancestor may not have left one.
- This page was last modified on 2 February 2015, at 23:53.
- This page has been accessed 639 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More