Harrison Area Genealogical SocietyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Harrison Area Genealogical Society|
The Harrison Area Genealogical Society ...
- What are the benefits for becoming a member of the society?
- What are the benefits the society has to offer for those who are not members?
History of the society
- MISSION STATEMENT- To coordinate & stimulate genealogical acitivies of area interest. To cooperate in the location, preservation, publication and deposit in suitable repositories, those records of value to genealogists and historians.
FamilySearch Wiki Projects
FamilySearch Wiki Page Adoptions
- Record collections or papers to which your society has access
- How these records can help researchers (May link to a Wiki article connected with the location)
- Where the record is located (online, on site, at nearby repositories)
- How to access it from a distance (order information, if any)
- Indexes for records about this area
- Where the index is located (online, book, or on site)
- Look ups, and copying records from local repositories, if any (here or in Q & A below)
- Directions on how your society does this, and sends the information back to the patron
- Meetings are first Wednesday of each month at 7 p.m. at the Harrison District Library
- (also include presentations online, on site, or elsewhere about how to do research in your area)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q. What are the directions to the society?
- A. 105 E. Main Street, Harrison Michigan. The library is located at the corner of Second St. & Main St.
- Q. What are the society's hours of operation?
- A. Collection is housed at the Harrison District Library. Hours of operation are Mon-10-7, Tue-Friday 10-6 and Saturday 10-2. Photocopies are ten cent each, free WIFI, computers available for public use. Appointments strongly suggested for genealogical research.
Nearby or Alternate Repositories
- (List each repository, link to it, and briefly describe their collection. Ideally list around 3 to 7 repositories, but this is flexible.)
- This page was last modified on 9 October 2015, at 05:41.
- This page has been accessed 673 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News