Hartford, VermontEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Hartford was chartered in 1761 and was the first town east of the Green Mountains to be chartered after the French and Indian War. The Town of Hartford consists of the villages of Quechee, White River Junction, Hartford, West Hartford, and Wilder.
Historical highlights of the town of Hartford, Vermont, 1761-1974, by John W St Croix - Find this book in a library.
FamilySearch Historical Records Collection has Vermont birth, death, and marriage records online.
The probate district for Hartford is Hartford.
Hartford Probate Court
62 Pleasant Street
PO Box 275
Woodstock, VT 05091
Phone: (802) 457-1503
The following is a list of cemeteries in present-day Hartford. For location of cemeteries, see Cemeteries of Vermont, Windosr County, website at this link.
- Centertown Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- Russtown Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- Savage Cemetery- inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- Simonds Cemetery
- Tucker Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- Wights Tomb - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- Murphy Cemetery
- West Hartford Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- Quechee Hilltop Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
White River Junction
- Christian Street Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site
- Hartford Point Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- Mount Olivet Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- Saint Anthony Catholic Cemetery
Digital images of Hartford Town records, 1764-1997, are available online at FamilySearch.
The Family History Library has microfilm of original records from the Hartford Town Clerk's Office. These include Land records, 1765-1901; index to land records, 1765-1901, and Records of births, marriages, and deaths, 1857-1997.
Hartford Town Clerk
171 Bridge St.
White River Junction, VT 05001
Phone: (802) 295-2785
Libraries and Historical Societies
Hartford Historical Society
1461 Maple St.
P. O. Box 547
Hartford, VT 05047
Phone: (802) 296-3132
Hartford Library, Inc.
1587 Maple Street
P.O. Box 512
Hartford, VT 05047
Phone: (802) 296-2568
- ↑ Hartford, VT History - The Hartford VT Historical Society, http://www.hartfordhistory.org/?page_id=2
- ↑ History of the Town of Hartford, VT, http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~vermont/WindsorHartford.html
- This page was last modified on 9 October 2013, at 15:56.
- This page has been accessed 199 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More