Hastings Michigan Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Family History Center article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Review the instructions and guidelines for FHC pages.
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
We do not have regular hours any more but we can serve you by appointment. The center is spacious, comfortable, and equipped to help you find your ancestors.
Center Contacts and Hours
- 505 N. Airport Road, Hastings, MI 49058 United States
- 1 269-948-2104
- Dianna Solmes - 1 269-953-3917
- Open by appointment only. Please call the FHC Director, Dianna Solmes, in advance at 1 269-953-3917 for an appointment.
- We occasionally close unexpectedly because of inclement weather or illness. Please call for information about unexpected alterations to our normal operation hours.
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- Family History Library Catalog: This center can be used as a destination for any FHL film or fiche you may order through the new personal online film ordering system at https://www.familysearch.org/films/.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- We have 3 computers with high speed internet connections for use along with 1 film reader, 6 fiche readers, and one copier (for copying microfilm. We can offer suggestions on places to look, adjust to your schedule. We also have a limited number of films on hand for some Michigan counties and a few other places. Let us know what you are looking for. Check out the sources available through the FHC Portal like Ancestry.com and Footnote.com etc.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)
- This page was last modified on 21 December 2013, at 16:30.
- This page has been accessed 482 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More