Henderson County, North Carolina GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Henderson County, North Carolina ancestry, family history, and genealogy birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Henderson County, North Carolina|
Location in the state of North Carolina
Location of North Carolina in the U.S.
|Founded||December 15, 1838|
Henderson County Courthouse
200 N Grove St Suite 129
Henderson, NC 28792-5053
Register of Deeds has birth and death records from 1914,
marriage record from 1800 and rec from 1837
Clerkk superior Court has divorce, probate and court records from 1841
Register of Deeds
200 N. Grove Street, Ste. 129
Hendersonville, NC 28792
Clerk Superior Court
200 N Grove St Ste 163
Hendersonville, NC 28792
Phone: (828) 694-4100
For animated maps illustrating North Carolina county boundary changes, "Rotating Formation North Carolina County Boundary Maps" (1664-1965) may be viewed for free at the MapofUS.org website.
For a list of record loss in North Carolina counties see: North Carolina Counties with Burned Courthouses
For tips on accessing Henderson County, North Carolina Genealogy census records online, see: North Carolina Census.
- French Broad, near Mills River, N.C. Organized before 1792. Previously located in Buncombe County.
- Twenty-fourth annual report of the public schools of Henderson, North Carolina, 1922-1923 - via the Internet Archive
- Henderson County students at NC colleges - a name list of students at various NC colleges with identified hometowns in the county
Civil War Confederate units - Brief history, counties where recruited, etc.
- - 16th Regiment, North Carolina Infantry, Company I
:- [[1st Battalion, North Carolina Junior Reserves- Confederate
|1st Battalion, North Carolina Junior Reserves]], Company C
:- 5th Regiment, North Carolina Senior Reserves, Company G
:- 7th Battalion, North Carolina Cavalry, Company D
:- 7th Battalion, North Carolina Cavalry, Company E
:- 7th Regiment, North Carolina Cavalry, Company G
- 1861 - 1865 North Carolina, Civil War Service Records of Confederate Soldiers, 1861-1865 at FamilySearch.org — index and images
- 1861 - 1865 North Carolina, Civil War Service Records of Union Soldiers, 1861-1865 at FamilySearch.org — index and images
- 1838-1923 - Will Books 1 to 5 (1838-1923) have been digitized by FamilySearch - free.
- 1840-1900 - Henderson County Bastardy Bonds 1840-1900 at USGenWeb - free.
- 1800 - 2000 North Carolina Birth Index 1800-2000 at FamilySearch.org — index
- 1866 - 1964 North Carolina Births and Christenings 1866-1964 at FamilySearch.org — index
- 1898 - 1994North Carolina Deaths 1906-1930 at FamilySearch.org — index and images
- 1908 - 2004 North Carolina Death Indexes 1908-2004 at Ancestry.com — index $
- 1909-1975 North Carolina Death Certificates 1909-1975 at Ancestry.com — index and images $
- 1931 - 1994North Carolina Deaths 1931-1994 at FamilySearch.org — index
- 1842-1900 - Henderson County Divorce Records 1842-1900 at USGenWeb - free.
- 1958 - 2004North Carolina Divorce Index 1958-2004 at Ancestry.com — index $
Societies and Libraries
Henderson County Gen. & Historical Society
P.O. Box 2616
Henderson County Genealogical & Historical Society
Inc.400 North Main Street
Hendersonville, NC 28792
Henderson County Genealogical and Historical Society, Inc
Buncombe County, North Carolina
128 Bingham Road, Suite 950
Asheville, North Caroling 28806
Old Buncombe Genealogical Society
Family History Centers
Family History Centers provide one-on-one assistance and free access to premium genealogical websites. In addition, many centers have free how-to genealogy classes. See Family History Centers for more information. Search the online FHC directory for a nearby family history center.
- Henderson County, NC History, Records, Facts and Genealogy (Genealogy Inc)
- Henderson County, NCGenWeb - free genealogy resources; part of the national USGenWeb project
- FamilySearch Catalog
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Henderson County, North Carolina. Page 509 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ "French Broad Baptist Church," North Carolina Highway Historical Marker Program, http://www.ncmarkers.com, accessed 22 October 2012.
- ↑ Genealogical Society of Utah, Parish and Vital Records List (July 1998). Microfiche. Digital version at https://www.familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/images/9/91/Iginorthcarolinag.pdf.
|This North Carolina-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
- This page was last modified on 2 September 2015, at 17:09.
- This page has been accessed 10,616 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News