Henllan, CeredigionEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
A guide to genealogy in Henllan, with information on where to find birth, baptism, marriage, death and burial records; census records; wills; cemeteries; maps; etc.
For other places with a similar name see Henllan
HÊNLLAN (HÊN-LLAN), a parish in the upper division of the hundred of TROEDYRAUR, county of CARDIGAN, SOUTH WALES, 3½ miles (E.) from Newcastle-Emlyn. This parish is beautifully situated on the river Teivy, over which here is an ancient bridge of three arches, with projecting angular piers, from which the turnpike road from Newcastle-Emlyn to Carmarthen, on which it is situated, is continued through the village. The church is a very small edifice, not characterized by any remarkable architectural feature, but interesting from its secluded and picturesque situation. There are two Sunday schools, one of them in connexion with the Established Church, and the other belonging to the Calvinistic Methodists, who have a place of worship in the parish.
For more information on Henllan see:
|before 31 March 1974||Cardiganshire|
|1 April 1974 - 31 March 1996||Dyfed|
|from 1 April 1996||Ceredigion|
Census records from 1841-1891 are available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. To view these census images online, they are available through a number of websites for a fee ($) or free.
- FamilySearch now has all of the British Censuses available.
- FindMyPast ($) but free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and various other libraries.
- Ancestry.co.uk ($) but free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and various other libraries. The library versions are known as AncestryInstitution.com.
- The Genealogist.co.uk ($) but free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and various other libraries.
- FreeCen is a UK census searches. It is not complete and individuals are always asked to consider helping out with transcriptions.
Poor Law Union Records
Maps and Gazetteers
- This page was last modified on 17 January 2014, at 18:25.
- This page has been accessed 383 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback