History and Employment Information of The Frisco, the Saint Louis-San Francisco Railway -serving primarily Missouri, Arkansas, Oklahoma and Kansas from 1876 to 1980-Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
There are several groups of records on this website that would be helpful to descendants of railroaders:
1. Employee applications records. Not all employees are listed. These employee cards, dating from 1940 forward, include:
- Employee's name
- Birth date
- Race & gender
- Parents' names [including mother’s maiden name]
- Location of assignment and job title.
2. Copies of Frisco employee magazines published for active and retired employees . Included in these issues are obituaries, personal items about employees and their families, and other articles. The magazines from 1902-1935 are digitized; there are 185 complete magazines in that time span.
- There is a search engine in which to place the name of the employee.
- The actual text and/or photo from the magazine is then displayed.
- If you have a question, there is a question box whereby you may query the reference librarian at the Springfield-Greene County Library District.
Or do a Google.com search for: Frisco Railway Springfield Library
- This page was last modified on 22 August 2012, at 17:58.
- This page has been accessed 1,636 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News