Hobart Australia Family History CentreEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Family History Centre article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Review the instructions and guidelines for FHC pages.
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Centre, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Hobart Family History Centre is located about ten minutes drive north of the Hobart CBD, and serves all of southern Tasmania.
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- The centre is located within the LDS church building at 15 Elmsleigh Road, Derwent Park. The entrance is at the north-western corner of the building and easily visible from the large carpark. When you arrive, press the buzzer button on the wall to the left of the double doors. A staff member will come and open the door for you and show you to the centre reception area.
- (Link to map using Google or other map sites)
Phone: 61 (03) 6273 3153
Wednesday 1-4pm and 7-9pm
This centre will close at 4pm on Monday 8 December 2014 and re-open at 1pm on Wednesday 7 January 2015.
Closed on all public holidays
Calendar and Events
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- Pedigree Resource File CDs, numbers 1-140.
- CD indexes to births, marriages and deaths for Tasmania, Victoria, South Australia and New South Wales.
- CD indexes to burials in Tasmania (TAMIOT) and rural Victoria.
- Indexes to birth, death and marriage notices in the Mercury, Advocate and Examiner newspapers to 1930.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- Hardware and Equipment: The centre has four computers with internet connection, printers, four manual microfilm readers, three microfiche readers, one electronic reader and a ScanPro 2000 microfilm scanner, enabling editing and saving of film and fiche images to USB flash drive.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
Other resources in the area include
- the Hobart branch of the Tasmanian Family History Society at Bellerive;
- the Tasmanian Archive and Heritage Office (TAHO), 3rd floor, 91 Murray Street, Hobart.
Tasmania Civil Registration <fck:hr>
Volunteer at the Center
We hope to soon be able to offer a range of classes for beginning, intermediate and advanced researchers. We welcome enquiries from skilled teachers experienced in family history research who would like to join our volunteer staff.
- This page was last modified on 8 December 2014, at 02:28.
- This page has been accessed 1,384 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News