Holy Trinity the Less, London GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Trinity the Less, the church of, was situated before the fire of London, at the northeast corner of Little Trinity Lane, where a German Chapel now stands. It received the epithet "the Less" to distinguish it from the Trinity priory at Aldgate; but having been destroyed by the fire of 1666, the parish was united to that of St Michael Queenhithe, and the church was not rebuilt. See St Michael, Queenhithe.
Holy Trinity the Less Parish was part of Vintry Ward.
Holy Trinity the Less is also referred to as Trinity the Less. It is a parish in the city of London Without the Walls. Trinity the Less as well as St. Michael, Queen-hythe have the patron of The Dean and Capter of St Paul's and the Dean and Chapter of Canterbury, alternately.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
To find the names of the neighbouring parishes, use England Jurisdictions 1851. In this site, search for the name of the parish, click on the location "pin", click Options and click List contiguous parishes.
Can you help?
- 1582 London Subsidy Roll, Queenhithe Ward - Trynytie Parocheat British History Online
- 1582 London Subsidy Roll, Vintry Ward - Trinitie Parisheat British History Online
1638 Inhabitants List
| This section requires expansion with:
any unique information, such as the census for X year was destroyed.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to London Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Poor Law Unions
Contributor: Add information about the pertinent poor law unions in the area.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- London Family History Centre Catalogue
- Society of Genealogists Library Catalogue (to narrow results, conduct a subject search for 'London Holy Trinity the Less')
- ↑ James Elmes, M.R. I. A., Architect, A Topographical Dictionary of London and its Envirions (London: Whittaker, Treacher and Arnot, 1831). Adapted. Digital version: Google Books.
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 129-170. Adapted, date accessed: 8 November 2013.
- ↑ London, England, Baptisms, Marriages, and Burials, 1538-1812, courtesy: Ancestry (£). Described as Holy Trinity The Less in the City of London | St Michael, Queenhithe in the City of London. Marriages from 1754 to 1812 are not included in this database. Partially indexed.
- ↑ London, England, Births and Baptisms, 1813-1906, courtesy: Ancestry (£). Described as Holy Trinity the Less in the City of London | St Michael Queenhithe in the City of London. Partially indexed.
- ↑ London, England, Marriages and Banns, 1754-1921, courtesy: Ancestry (£). Described as Holy Trinity the Less in the City of London | St Michael Queenhithe in the City of London. Partially indexed.
- ↑ London, England, Deaths and Burials, 1813-1980, courtesy: Ancestry (£). Described as Holy Trinity the Less in the City of London | St Michael Queenhithe in the City of London. Partially indexed.
- ↑ Batches C023311-C023312, see: Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for London including Middlesex (A-M), England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 8 June 2011.
- ↑ 'Boyd's Marriage Index - Parish details by county,' Origins.net, accessed 12 June 2011; Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists Enterprises Ltd., 1994). FHL Book 942 K22L 1994
- ↑ John Hanson, 'City of London Burials,' Find My Past, accessed 8 June 2011.
- ↑ 'Webb's London Marriages - Marriages, periods and parishes/churches,' (Wayback Machine) British Origins, accessed 4 July 2011.
- ↑ 'Greater London Burials: Middlesex and City of London Burials: Parishes, Counts and References,' (Wayback Machine) British Origins, accessed 4 April 2013.
- ↑ Pallot's Marriage and Birth Indexes, Guide to Parishes (n.p.: n.p., n.d.). FHL British Book 942 V25pm
- This page was last modified on 10 January 2016, at 17:38.
- This page has been accessed 2,030 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News