Homestead Florida Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
(Add a brief paragraph about your center here and the area it serves. Information in italics below is guidance for you and should be deleted as you fill out the page. Remove italics from other text by selecting the text and clicking the "I" box in the Toolbar above.)
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- 29600 SW 167 Avenue, Homestead, Florida
- Lots of parking available
- Opened to the public. Extensive family genealogy materials on site, as well as records/film ordering provided.
- We have access to more world records than any other program operating today!!
- Contact center Director: Sharon Robiinson to make personal appts or any other questions.
Phone: 305 246 4194
- Tuesday 11pm - 1pm 2pm - 5pm
- Wednesday 11am - 5pm 6pm - 9pm
- Thursday 11am - 1pm 2pm - 5pm
- Friday 11am -1 pm 2pm -5 pm
- Closed all Holidays and Sundays
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- (DAR RECORDS)...ROOTS MAGIC 5.0...AFRICAN ANCESTRY...FREEDMAN BANK RECORDS....CENSUS 1820-LATEST
- COMPUTER TERMINALS WITH COMFORTABLE SEATING
- CD CATALOG OF ALL COUNTRIES
- MAP/ATLAS FROM 1700'S TO PRESENT
- HISTORY OF LDS DEVELOPMENT IN FAMILY HISTORY COMPILED
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. (Note to FHC: Not all FHCs have access to this portal. If you do not, you will want to remove this entire bullet. If you do have access to it, just remove this text in italics.)
Hardware and Equipment
- Micro-film machines
- Micro-fiche machines
- Comfortable seating
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
Always looking for volunteers. You DON'T have to be a LDS member. Please call or EMAIL the center for volunteering information.
- This page was last modified on 10 March 2014, at 14:24.
- This page has been accessed 564 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback