Hopi Tribe, Arizona (Reservation)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Hopi Tribe, Arizona (Reservation) ancestry, family history, and genealogy birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and BIA Agency records.
ReservationThe Hopi Indian Reservation is a federally-recognized reservation, located in northern Arizona.
- Reservation Established -- December 16,1882
- BIA Agency -- Hopi Indian Agency
- Principal tribes -- Hopi Indian Tribe
- Population -- 1969: Tribal enrollment: 6,000 
Land Records: All land is tribally owned.
Records at tribal headquarters are for currently enrolled tribal members. Records may include: allotments, annuities, enrollments, employees, courts, leases, police registers, registers of families, and vital records. These records vary from tribe to tribe. Find the older and most useful records for family history research at the BIA Agency for the tribe, or at the National Archives.
For Further Reading
See For Further Reading.
- This page was last modified on 4 September 2015, at 16:15.
- This page has been accessed 1,995 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News