How to Estimate United States Marriage InformationEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Estimate a Marriage Date and Place
Find Your Ancestor in All Possible Census Records: Find a Date
|- | bgcolor="E0 FF FF" |
- Census records 1900 and moving forward in time often list a marriage year or the age at first marriage.
- Find the birth year of the first child and estimate that the marriage took place one to two years before that birth.
- Marriage age for a female's first marriage was about 16-21.
- Marriage age for a male's first marriage was about 18-25.
Find Your Ancestor in All Possible Census Records: Find a Place
Your ancestor's actual marriage date or place may vary widely from these general guidelines. These are guidelines for rough estimates.
- When working with many generations of a family, always begin with younger generations and work backward in time.
- This page was last modified on 27 April 2015, at 21:01.
- This page has been accessed 4,251 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More