Humboldt County, Utah GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
United States Utah Humboldt County
Humboldt County, Utah Territory was organized 5 January 1856  from western parts of Weber, Desert, Tooele, and Juab counties. This county included all of present-day Nevada between 116° and 118° west longitude, and 39° 30' and 42° north latitude.
Utah Territory's old 1856 counties are named in orange. Present-day Nevada counties are outlined in white.
Humboldt County as part of Utah
Territory was discontinued 2 March 1861 when Nevada
Territory was created from part of Utah Territory. However, at that time Nevada organized a new Humboldt County
to the northwest of the old. Part of the old became part of the new Humboldt
, and Eureka
For records of Humboldt County (Utah Terrtory), see:
- Some records for old Humboldt County, Utah Territory may have been transferred to, or may have been re-recorded in the new counties formed from the old Humboldt. See also:
- ↑ "Chart of County Formation in Utah" in Division of Archives and Records Service at http://archives.utah.gov/research/guides/county-formation.htm (accessed 11 August 2011).
- ↑ John Koontz, Political History of Nevada, 5th ed. (Carson City, Nev.: SPO, 1965), 34-92. At various libraries (WorldCat). FHL Book 979.3 N2k
- ↑ Deon C. Greer, Atlas of Utah ((Ogden), Utah : Weber State College, 1981), 162, 164. At various libraries (WorldCat). FHL Q Book 979.2 E7a.
- ↑ "Counties of Nevada" in Nevada History: a Walk in the Past at http://nevada-history.org/county.html (accessed 7 August 2011).
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), 686. At various libraries (WorldCat). FHL Book 973 D274 2002.
This page was last modified on 6 February 2015, at 03:30.
This page has been accessed 3,583 times.