Hundon, Suffolk GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Poor Law Union||Risbridge PLU|
|Parish registers: 1538|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1562|
|Diocese||Pre-1837 - Norwich; Post-1836 - Ely|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Sudbury|
|Location of Archive|
|Suffolk Record Office|
HUNDON (All Saints), a parish, in the union and hundred of Risbridge, W. division of Suffolk, 3½ miles (N. N. W.) from Clare. 
If you live in Suffolk you will have access to a variety of resources at local archives and libraries. For those who live further afield, one can access microfilm and online records at LDS Family History Centres. Refer to and Suffolk in the FamilySearch Catalogue for available records.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Hundon, Suffolk Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|1813 = Suffolk Marriage Index (1813-37) (findmypast) - (£)|
|JOIN = The Joiner Marriage Index - (£)|
|NBI = National Burial Index (findmypast) - (£)|
|Hundon, Suffolk Genealogy Online Records|
Parish Registers began in the 1500's. They can be viewed at the Suffolk Record Office. There are Bishop Transcripts and Parish Registers that have been filmed for most parishes in the County. See the Suffolk Church Records article for further details.
Courtesy of the Haverhill Family History Group:
- Hundon Church Baptisms 1674-1837
- Hundon Church Baptisms 1837-1913
- Hundon Church Banns 1837-1913
- Hundon Church Marriages 1674-1837
- Hundon Church Marriages 1852-1910
- Hundon Chapel Marriages
- Hundon Church Burials 1674-1836
- Hundon Church Burials 1837-1900
- Hundon Chapel Burials
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 474641.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Suffolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
| This section requires expansion with:
any additional relevant sites that aren't mentioned above.
- ↑ Lewis,Samuel A.,A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 580-583.
- ↑ 'Suffolk Marriage Index (1813-37) Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 9 December 2013.
- ↑ 'Suffolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 3 December 2013.
- ↑ 'Parish Records - National Burial Index Records 1538 - 2005 Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 4 December 2013.
- This page was last modified on 3 February 2015, at 22:41.
- This page has been accessed 1,625 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More