Hurricane Utah Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Hurricane Utah Family History Center is located in downtown Hurricane just off State Street.We serve the areas of Hurricane, La Verkin, Toquerville, all the way to Zion's National Park. We have almost 60 volunteers who are trained to help visiting patrons surf the highways of the Internet to find their kindred dead and organize their information in one of the software programs available.
Center Contacts and Hours
- 37 South 200 West Hurricane, Utah 84737
- We are South of State Street right behind the Hurricane Car Dealership located in the old Seminary building.
- Parking is available in the back of the building or in the front on the street.
- Location on Map
- Monday 9am - 5pm
- Tuesday 9am - 9pm
- Wednesday 9am - 5pm
- Thursday 9am - 9pm
- Friday 9am - 5pm
- Monday, Jan. 19 Martin Luther King Day
- Monday, Feb. 16 President's Day
- Wednesday, April 8 Deep Cleaning Day
- Monday, May 25 Memorial Day
- Tuesday, June 16 Deap Cleaning Day
- Monday July 3 - July 26 Summer Break
- Monday, September 7 Labor Day
- Wednesday, Oct. 7 Deep Cleaning Day
- Friday, October 3 - 4 General Conference
- Monday Nov, 23 - 27 Thanksgiving
- Monday, Dec 17 - Jan. 3 Christmas Break (Reopen Monday January 4th)
Calendar and Events
- Wednesday - we are currently holding Family Tree training class. This is a two week class (1 1/2 hours per week) and you must call and sign up for a seat reservation and receive a packet of instructions.
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- Our center has approx 1300 films on indefinite loan and 3 drawers of micro fiche.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- 24 computers,
- 2 High volume printers and a Scanner/copier
- Flat bed scanner for scanning Pictures, Negatives & Slides
- ScanSnap Scanner. Scans normal documents, pictures, and books. Scans faster than the flatbed.
- Fiche Reader
- 3 microfilm readers
- Microfilm reader/scanner for printing or saving film images.
- 42" TV for Skype
We are equipped to handle group visits of up to 15 people. Group leaders need to come into the FHC at least 2 weeks prior to the visit, and get a packet so that their group can be prepared for a successful visit. Please call Diana Guinn, 801-722-8269, to reserve a date and time for your visit.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
- For those who would like to serve a one year "Service Mission" or longer please call and pick up the information to give to your Bishop, or if you would just like to be a volunteer then call and we can set up an appointment
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)
- This page was last modified on 15 June 2015, at 22:31.
- This page has been accessed 2,577 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News